Ward 7 Councilmember-elect Vince Gray is eager to hear from residents what issues they want prioritized starting Day 1 of his term on the DC Council (he is sworn in January 2, 2017).
So, let's give him what he wants Saturday, December 3 at the Ward 7 Action Summit. Here's a list of our top picks for issues for the CM-elect to prioritize, all about Anacostia Park and Anacostia River. It's not enough that APACC wants these items prioritized — we need you and lots of others to speak up about them as well.
- The National Park Service and the District must complete the toxic cleanup of Kenilworth Park.
- Once it is cleaned up, design and implement robust park programs for east of the river children, youth, and adults.
- Build the Nature Center for kids on Kingman Island.
- Clean up the toxic chemicals on the bottom and along the shore.
- Pass legislation to stop bottles and other trash.
- Improve access.
- Expand programming on the river and create a river economy.
Read more about the priorities in Anacostia Park and Community Collaborative: Talking Points for CM-elect Vincent C. Gray Ward 7 Action Summit December 3, 2016 (PDF).