DOEE is now accepting proposals for the Community Stormwater Solutions Grant!
DOEE's Community Stormwater Colutions Grant program provides start-up funding for community-oriented projects that improve the District’s waterways. Ideal projects should raise awareness and lead to behavior change around the impacts of stormwater runoff on the District’s water bodies.
A special focus of this year’s grants are projects that support the “Year of the Anacostia”, which commemorates the 100 year anniversary of Anacostia Park and the many events and milestones that will be celebrated along the river in 2018.
There is $200,000 available. DOEE anticipates awarding multiple grants of up to $20,000 each. Applications must be submitted online by 6:00pm on January 26, 2018. The Request for Funding Availability(RFA) contains a link to the online application.
DOEE will host five pre-application informational meetings to give the community and organizations the opportunity to learn about the grant before submitting a proposal.
- Monday, December 11th at 6:30 PM: South East Library – 403 7th Street SE, SOE Meeting Room
- Thursday, December 14th at 1 PM: DOEE Headquarters—1200 First Street NE (NOMA/Gallaudet Metro)
- Monday, January 8th at 6:30 PM: Anacostia Library – 1800 Good Hope Road SE, Ora Glover Community Room
- Tuesday, January 9th at 6:30 PM: Shaw (Watha T. Daniel) Library – 1630 7th Street NW, WTD Meeting Room
- Thursday, January 11th at 1:00 PM: DOEE Headquarters—1200 First Street NE (NOMA/Gallaudet Metro)
To learn more about previously funded projects, visit http://doee.dc.gov/service/community-stormwater-solutions-grants
For further information on the public meetings and to download the RFA, visit doee.dc.gov/release/community-stormwater-solutions-rfa
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org