Capacity Building Resources - Jan 24
Below are some great resources for building the capacity of your organization to do good work. Courtesy our friend Susie Cambria.
Tools and Resources
- http://slideplayer.com/ is an online tool to create and show slide shows. It's got a number of bells and whistles including the price: free.
- Got a color code in RGB and need the color in hex? Color Converter could not be easier to use. Bookmark it.
- Did you know you can export a copy of your Google data with Google Takeout? In summary,
You can export and download your data from the Google products you use, like your email, calendar, and photos. In a few easy steps, create an archive to keep for your records or use the data in another service.
Note: Downloading your data does not delete it from Google's servers.
- Introducing HuffPost Opinion And HuffPost Personal:
So today we are launching two new sections: Opinion and Personal. The new Opinion section will feature a mix of regular columnists and one-off guest writers, commissioned by our Opinion editors to produce smart, authentic, timely and rigorous op-eds. Our goal is to help our audience better understand the breakneck news cycle, and shed light on stories that aren't getting enough attention. We will feature these columnists' bylines prominently across the site, so that you will come to recognize a set of smart, reliable voices you can come back to again and again and again.
. . .
The new Personal section will feature commissioned first-person essays by guest writers, as well as person-first content ― including features, Q&As and interviews written by HuffPost reporters ― exploring the experiences and lives of celebrities, newsmakers and "everyday" individuals.
- What Would An HR Department That Works For Employees Look Like? Read.
- The Science Behind What Naps Do For Your Brain–And Why You Should Have One Today.
- Why effective leaders must manage up, down, and sideways.
- A Sense of Appreciation Is the Single Most Sustainable Motivator at Work.
- Hootsuite Academy offers free and paid social media skill-building trainings. Free trainings include Social Marketing and Advanced Social Advertising.
- What's earned media versus owned media? The Roles Of Earned Media, Paid Media, and Owned Media is a great explainer.
- Obama puts out list of favorite books he read, songs he listened to in 2017.
- From Adam Grant: The 20 New Idea Books to Kick Off 2018, describing the list as "the 20 most exciting books that debut early this year—spanning timing to culture, grit to health, and hate to truth."
- Firsts: Women Who Are Changing the World